Saturday, May 16, 2009

New Smoothie Recipe!


Fruit Smoothie/Pudding Recipe
Makes about 2 quarts

Here's a new one for you to try, if you like mangoes!

Actually, this makes a delicious pudding if you add only 3 cups of raw nut milk; if you want a true smoothie add 4-6 cups of raw nut milk.

I was out of bananas, a staple in all of my smoothies, but I was determined to eat healthfully today, so at lunchtime I was rooting around in my refrigerator to see what I might come up with. Here it is:

Into your VitaMix, place the following:

2 ripe mangoes, skin peeled and pitted (obviously!)
2 kiwis, also with skin peeled
1 large apple, if organic no need to peel the skin
4 Tablespoons whole flax seed
3 - 6 cups of Almond Milk (homemade or store bought)

Process from slow to high speed for about 40 seconds.
Pour into dessert dishes (or glasses), add a a sprinkling of cinnamon, and enjoy!


Variations:
Use water instead of the almond milk
Add a banana for an even thicker pudding
Try a different spice, such as Nutmeg or Chinese 5-spice

This is very satisfying and made a delicious lunch for me.

I hope you enjoy it! Use whatever fruits you have available and see what you come up with. Let me know, would you?

Note: If you are not using a VitaMix, you may need to grind up the flax seed in a coffee bean grinder first.

No comments: