Wednesday, October 15, 2008

How to Choose a Moisturizer

I happened to read an article this morning on the internet from a skin care website. It said this:

"Petroleum jelly is one of the best and most inexpensive products, especially when used right after bathing to seal in moisture."

Ugh - do they really think we want a petroleum product anywhere on our bodies? So what if it's cheap? And is it really cheap in the long run?

Our skin is our largest organ, and one of its critical functions is to eliminate toxins. Do you think it can do this while the pores are clogged up with petroleum jelly? It seals in moisture, all right, but all the toxins along with it.

What is in your favorite moisturizer?

Check out the first ingredient, because that's what the product contains the most of. By law, the greatest concentration of an ingredient in that product must be listed first.

Most often the first ingredient is water, which is also cheap, with maybe a few healthy ingredients thrown in somewhere later down the list. But then you have to use more of the product, because it doesn't go as far.

And when you have to buy it more frequently, it turns out that's not any cheaper, either. And who has money to throw around these days?

So what is a healthier and cost-effective alternative?

L'Bri makes a wonderful skin care product line for the face and body. The first ingredient in their products is Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract.

This particular type of aloe is extracted and processed in a way that does not harm the aloe itself. All the original nutrients and benefits in the aloe go right into the skin.

If you're interested, see my article entitled: Skin Care Basics and This Woman's Answer for more about L'Bri.

I was told to expect to get at least 3 months out of each skin care product. After two months of faithfully using all of them at least twice daily (sometimes more after a hard workout), I have barely made a dent in them!

Talk about a win-win situation:

  • It is good for my skin
  • It feels so luxurious going on, like I spent a million bucks for it!
  • It leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth
  • The scent is heavenly!
  • It is cost-effective
What more could anyone want in a product?

Yes, I do sell the L'Bri product line. How could I not, when I have seen for myself what an excellent product it is? :-)

If you would like more information on L'Bri, or free samples (pay only for postage), please email me and I will be delighted to help you.

And remember, the products are guaranteed. There is a product for any type of skin, but if for some reason you find that they do not work for you, I want to know, and I will be happy to refund your money.

So, what's in your favorite moisturizer?

Phyllis Towse

No comments: